La Fortezza Holiday rental in Pistoia
- SQM 160
Accommodation: 6 sleeps, Bedrooms: 3 (2 doubles, 1 twin not joinable) Bathrooms: 2 (with shower of which one in the annex)
Portion of house rebuilt in stone on the ruins of an old fort dating back to the year 1000, it was then used as a lookout tower thanks to its strategic position between Pistoia and Florence and successively it became a convent. La Fortezza is a place full of fascination and history, with 3 bedrooms and private swimming pool between Lucca and Florence. Located between Pistoia and Florence, the small town of Montale offers its visitors a tourist panorama that develops between art, nature and history of textiles. A town rich in history, thanks to its strategic position you can visit the most famous art cities, such as Pistoia (7.2 km), Florence, (37 km), Lucca (52 km), Pisa (72 km) and Volterra ( 107 km), and play golf in Montecatini Terme (25 km) or in Tavola (17 km) and always without forgetting, for nature lovers the famous natural parks of Brasimone, Corno alle Scale, and the Casentinesi National Forest Park . Do not miss the typical charming medieval towns that characterize Italy, such as Borgo a Buggiano, Massa a Cozzile, Agliana and Vinci, the latter famous for having given birth to the homonymous artist.
INTERIORS: The house has two floors. The entrance door leads to the kitchen with dining area and to the living room with corner fireplace, a characteristic of Tuscan farmhouses. From the ground floor two French windows open out into the garden. The stairs near the entrance lead up to the first floor composed of two double bedrooms, a twin bedroom and a bathroom with shower. Outside the house, near the front door, is the annex composed of a bathroom with shower and washing machine.
OUTDOORS: The property, which is entirely enclosed, is composed of a well maintained park of 10.000 sq m level ground with flowers, centuries-old trees, cypresses and typical Tuscan shrubs. The pool is situated about 70 metres from the house, on a higher level in respect to the property. It is open from the last Saturday of April until the first Saturday of October. The pool, of rectangular shape, measures 6 x 12 m, is lined with PVC and purified with chlorine. Access to the water is by a ladder; a cold water outdoor shower is present. The solarium area is paved in glazed stoneware and provided with sun umbrellas and sunbeds. The pool area is well ventilated.
ACCESS ROAD: The road is unpaved for about 1.1 km NOT SUITABLE FOR LOW AND SPORTS MACHINES.
- Services and shops: Santomato 2 km, Montale 3.5 km
- Airports: Florence 30 km, Pisa 80 km, Bologna 117 km, Rome 338 km, Milan 364 km
- Montecatini Terme 23 km
- Florence 37 km
- Lucca 52 km
- Viareggio 75 km
- Forte dei Marmi 82 km
- Siena 100 km
- Volterra 107 km
- Highaway: Pistoia 10 km
- Beach: Tyrrhenian Sea - Viareggio 77 km
- Train Station: Pistoia 8 km - Montale - Agliana 6 km
GOLF AND TENNIS CLUB
- Golf Montecatini 25 km
- Golf Club Bellosguardo Vinci 35 km
- Golf Dell Ugolino 55 km,
- Golf Club Castelfalfi 90 km
- Tennis club Pistoia 7.3 km
SPA & RESORT
- Terme di Montecatini 28 km
- Casciana Terme 78 km
- Terme Grotta Giusti 25 km
2 Bathroom, 3 Bedroom, 1 Kitchen
Sleeping1 Baby crib, Bed linen, 2 King bed, 2 Single bed
CookingBlender, Child's high chair, Coffee machine, Cooking utensils, Dishwasher, Kitchen stove, Microwave, Oven, Refrigerator, Toaster, Water cooler
Heating/CoolingAir conditioning, Central heating, Fireplace
EntertainmentDVD-Player, Wireless Broadband Internet, Stereo system, TV (Satellite)
SanitaryBidet, Hair dryer, Essentials, Shower, Towel-set
LaundryBathroom & Laundry, Washing machine
Spa & GymUnheated Outdoor swimming pool
OutsideCharcoal grill BBQ, Deck chairs, Private Garden
PLEASE LET US KNOW YOUR APPROXIMATE ARRIVAL TIME AND ANY FLIGHTS INFORMATION AND PROVIDE US WITH AN AVAILABLE MOBILE NUMBER DURING YOUR VACATION IN ITALY (if you didn’t do yet).
How to get to:
CAMPO AL FORTE
Via delle Muriccia, 22 – Santomato – Pistoia
Coordinate GPS: N 43° 56” 41’ E 10° 59” 58’
Maps: 43.9402169 - 10.990106
Phone: +39 377 270 2007
COMING FROM NORTH AND SOUTH
- From the A11 highway exit at PISTOIA, and stay on right side.
- At the roundabout take the 2nd edita in direction FIRENZE - PRATO
- Continue straight on per 0.500 km and at the traffic light go ahead in direction MONTALE
- After 500 mt. At the roundabout take the 3rd exit
- Continue per 1.700 km and then go right at the fork in direction of Montale
- After 300 mt. 2nd exit at the roundabout to Montale
- Continue for 400 meters and turn right again in direction of Montale
- At the roundabout keep going to Montale
- Go ahead on the road SP5 (Via Bartolomeo Sestini/Via Montalese)
- At 8.1 km you will find the sign Santomato slow down and turn after 300 meters through the way on the left (there is a farm) and then immediately turn in the ONE WAY road on the right (Via Vecchia Montalese)
- After 200 mt. turn on VIA DELLE MURICCIA that you will find on your left
- After 100 meters before the junction of three roads, continue keeping the middle road
- Continue uphill on a paved country road, alternating strokes and strokes unpaved and not suitable for sporting cars.
- After 1.100 km you arrive in front of two gates, enter the left one.
- WELCOME TO CAMPO AL FORTE! HAVE A LOVELY VACATION.