Menuccio Cottage in Lucca
- SQM 300
Accommodation: sleeps 8 - 3 bedrooms (3 double bedroorms, 1 twin bedroom); 2 bathrooms ( with shower)
Guest house: 1 double bedroom - 1 bathroom (en-suite shower bathroom)
Menuccio was originally an old hayloft which has recently been converted into a delightful cottage. It is located in a superb position, high in the hills, 15 kms to the south-east of Lucca, and surrounded by olive groves and pine trees. There are fantastic views over the countryside and the plain of Montecatini in the distance. Both the house and the pretty garden are exceptionally well-maintained by the owners, and the interiors are equipped with all modern facilities. The swimming pool, situated to one side of the house, is in a perfect position to enjoy the beautiful views. Close to the pool area, there is a stone-built barbecue and pizza oven, an outdoor shower and an outdoor dining area. Near the driveway, about 20 metres from the house, there is small guesthouse with a double bedroom and bathroom. The secluded position and the fact that it is accessible by its private road ensure peace and tranquillity for the guests of Menuccio. This road lasts for 1 km and it is unsealed, therefore not suitable for low sport cars.
The ground floor opens on a sitting and dining room with fireplace which opens onto the garden, a equipped kitchen. On this floor there are also two double bedrooms (one accessible from the sitting room), one twin bedroom and two bathrooms with shower.
Under the veranda, adjacent to the main house, guest can enjoy alfresco dine admiring the view on the countryside and having a look at what is happening around the pool. A large stone built barbecue and a pizza oven allows summer meals.
The swimming pool is in front of the house, at only few steps from it and has a rectangular shape. The measures are 9x4.5 and has a chlorine depuration. The entrance is through an iron scale.
Swimming pool size (meters): 9x4.5
Ground Floor: Double bedroom with french windows opening onto the garden. En-suite shower bathroom.
- internet (with a 3G modem wi-fi);
- Sat tv;
- central heating;
- Access road: 1 km and it is unsealed, therefore not suitable for low sport cars.
- Shops: San Leornardo in Treponzio 6 km, Bientina 7 km, Altopascio 10 km
- Restaurants: Colle di Compito 750 mt,
- Lucca: 16 km
- Pisa: 28 km
- Lajatico: famous for the “Silence Theatre” 41km
- Thyrrenian Sea - Marina di Pisa: 44 km
- Livorno: 44km
- Volterra: 60 km
- Bolgheri, famous for the wines (Sassicaia and Ornellaia): 80 km
- Florence: 85 km
- Siena: 140 km
- Pisa Airport: 30 km
- Florence Airport: 63 km
- Rome Airport: 370 km
- Golf Club San Miniato 35 km
- Golf Club Bellosguardo Vinci 40 km
- Castelfalfi 44 km
- Golf Club Tirrenia 45 km
- Golf Club Dell Ugolino 84 km
- Bagni Di Pisa Natural Spa 23km
- Terme di Montecatini 26 km
- Casciana Terme 35 km
- Terme di Bagni di Lucca 40 km
bathroom en suite
Spa & GymUnheated Outdoor swimming pool
OutsideCharcoal grill BBQ, Private Garden
Please read the information below very carefully.
Menuccio / Al Mennucci
Colle Di Compito, LuccaTuscany Italy
GPS COORDINATE: 43°46'37.0"N 10°34'54.6"E
Google Maps: 43.776950, 10.581820
Tel: +39.3392511986 (also whatsapp)
Mrs. Elisa Della Santa
Tel: 0039.328.8828284 (also whatsapp)
In order to organize in a better way your arrival, we kindly ask you to provide us with an approximate time arrival and a cell phone number where we can contact you in Italy. Please send this to us by email.
Menuccio / Al Mennucci
Colle Di Compito, Lucca
GPS COORDINATE: 43°46'37.0"N 10°34'54.6"
E 43.776950, 10.581820
Directions to Menuccio/ Al Menucci
FROM THE MOTORWAY A1 (Milan-Rome) COMING EITHER FROM NORTH OR SOUTH TAKE THE MOTORWAY A11 FIRENZE - PISA NORD:
- Leave the motorway A11 at CAPANNORI exit and, after having paid the toll, turn on the right following the signs to PIP CARRAIA. After 2,9 km you will find a crossing with signs to TASSIGNANO. Don’t turn but keep straight for 1,3 km. At the end of the road you will find a sort of round about where you have to turn on the left (this is Statal road SS 439. Via di Tiglio). After 1,3 km you will reach the village of SAN LEONARDO IN TREPONZIO. When you see the supermarket Conad bear left in direction of PONTEDERA.
- Keep on this road for 3,5 Km when, on your right hand side, you will see the CARABINIERI station and on your left hand side you will see a IP petrol station. Go on for other 200 meters and turn into the first road on your right hand side named VIA MILANO.
- Go on through VIA MILANO for 500 metres till you will find on your left hand side a dirt road going up through a wood (it is the first road on the left after house numbers 8 and 10 of VIA MILANO). Turn left and go up through the dirt road for 1,2 km till the end and you are at Menuccio/Al Mennucci.
- WELCOME AT CASA AL MENUCCIO / AL MENNUCCI